It's the most important question, especially when you're purchasing your sunglasses online. Hopefully our guide will give you some clarity and make your purchasing decisions easier than ever!
Sunglasses are more than just a fashion statement - they are a crucial accessory for protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays. However, finding the perfect pair of sunglasses can be a daunting task, especially if you're not sure what style suits your face shape. In this article, we'll guide you through the different face shapes and suggest the best sunglasses for each one.
Determine Your Face Shape
Before you start shopping for sunglasses, it's important to determine your face shape. The four main face shapes are:
- Round: characterized by full cheeks and a rounded chin
- Square: characterized by a strong jawline and forehead
- Heart: characterized by a wider forehead and narrower jawline
- Oval: characterized by a balanced proportion of features
To determine your face shape, pull your hair back and examine your face in the mirror. Alternatively, you can take a selfie and trace the outline of your face on the screen.
Best Sunglasses for Round Faces
If you have a round face, look for sunglasses with angular frames that will add definition to your face. Square and rectangular frames are a great choice, as they will make your face appear longer and slimmer. Avoid round frames, as they will only accentuate the roundness of your face.
Best Sunglasses for Square Faces
If you have a square face, look for sunglasses with rounded edges or cat-eye shapes that will soften your features. Aviator and oval frames are also a good choice, as they will balance out your strong jawline. Avoid angular frames, as they will make your face appear more rigid.
Best Sunglasses for Heart Faces
If you have a heart-shaped face, look for sunglasses with wide frames or a retro cat-eye shape that will balance out your forehead and jawline. Round and oval frames are also a good choice, as they will soften your features. Avoid narrow frames, as they will make your forehead appear wider.
Best Sunglasses for Oval Faces
If you have an oval face, you're in luck - you can pull off almost any style of sunglasses! Look for frames that are in proportion to your face, and experiment with different shapes and styles to find what suits you best.
Other Factors to Consider
In addition to your face shape, there are other factors to consider when choosing sunglasses. These include:
- UV Protection: Look for sunglasses that offer 100% UV protection to protect your eyes from harmful rays.
- Lens Color: Different lens colors can affect your perception of colors and contrast. Gray and green lenses are a good choice for general use, while yellow lenses can enhance contrast in low-light conditions.
- Frame Material: Sunglasses come in a variety of materials, including plastic, metal, and acetate. Consider which material is most comfortable for you and which suits your style.
Choosing the right sunglasses for your face shape can seem daunting at first, but with a little knowledge, you can find the perfect pair to suit your style and protect your eyes. Remember to consider your face shape, UV protection, lens color, and frame material when choosing sunglasses, and don't be afraid to experiment with different styles to find what suits you best.